Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Streaming Consciousness


I did a lot of sewing this weekend. A friend commissioned me to make 2 long autumn-themed tablerunners for a memorial service. I had a ton of fun picking out the fabrics (yes, despite the fact that I have literally hundreds of yards of fabrics, I of course could not find everything I wanted in my stash). I also finished up a really interesting wall hanging that I think I'm going to call Streaming Consciousness. Here's a full view:


It's probably about 40" long by 20-something wide. The colors are, of course, my favorites (greens, blues, and purples). I also did a lot of hand embellishing with fibers and a few beautiful beads. Here's a close-up:



I also spent some time finishing up 'The Upward Spiral' which I showed in progress earlier. I've got to start selling some of this stuff because my 'studio' is getting awfully full!

No comments: