Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Life is strange



You know, if someone had told me 10 years ago that I'd be who/where I am now, I don't think I would have believed it. Actually, even if someone had told me a year ago that I'd be doing what I'm doing right now, I don't think I would have believed it. I think that's what I like about life: One never knows what's going to happen. Even when things seem really bleak, that can change in an instant. Go to bed in one state of mind, and wake up to a whole new reality. I know that I must come across as nauseatingly cheerful/optimistic to a lot of people, but my feeling about life is that there's really no point in pissing and moaning about how terrible things are--it's better to look on the bright side and/or laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of it all.




But enough about life. Onto art. This wall hanging came about after I started playing around sewing together some leftover strips from other things I've made recently. Before I knew it, it turned into a really cool thing. I still need to do some work on it (the binding, as usual, is being difficult), but I think that for the most part, it's done. I'm still not sure what to call it. For some reason 'Water Garden' comes to mind when I look at it, so that may very well end up being it's name.

No comments: