Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More Art!


I'd say that I'm an extremely productive person, in my personal life, my work life, and my 'aspiring artist' life too. I have made a ton (okay, not literally a ton, but you get the idea) of quilts and/or quilted items and/or fiber art pieces in the last 6 or so months. One of them, shown here, is a small piece I created for Art for Autism Now, a great organization that periodically calls for donations of art to be auctioned off, with all proceeds going to Autism Speaks. I creatively named this piece "Momma Said There'd Be Days Like This." Believe me, I am intimately acquainted with that saying. However, my take on it is that even though there are days in life that are chaotic/crazy busy, most often they also have small gems scattered throughout them, so that 'days like this' aren't all bad after all.

No comments: